Assiniboine Park Conservancy COVID-19 Response
Updated November 10, 2020
In response to new public health restrictions announced November 10, 2020:
- Assiniboine Park Zoo will close to the public starting Thursday, November 12.
- Wild Things Unique Gifts will close to the public starting Thursday, November 12.
- The art galleries at The Pavilion closed on November 2 and will remain closed.
- The indoor dining area at the Park Café closed on November 2 and will remain closed. Take-out service is available daily from 10 am to 4 pm (with the exception of Remembrance Day).
- The duck pond shelter and washrooms at the Park are closed.
- Upcoming education and recreation programs will be cancelled or moved online.
These temporary closures and cancellations will remain in place for the duration of the new public health orders.
The English Garden, Leo Mol Sculpture Garden, and Park greenspace will remain open. Visitors are reminded to follow public health orders and reduce social contact to household members only. Physical distancing is mandatory.
Essential Park and Zoo staff will continue working on site to maintain, protect, and secure Park and Zoo facilities and ensure the ongoing care of all animals and plants.
We continue to do our part to reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19 and would like to thank our visitors, members, and donors for their patience and understanding, words of encouragement, and ongoing support during these challenging times. We look forward to safely welcoming visitors back to Assiniboine Park and Zoo as soon as we can!
Visiting Assiniboine Park
Park greenspaces including the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and English Garden are open.
All public indoor washrooms are closed. Portable washrooms will be available near the Riley Family Duck Pond.
Do not visit the Park if:
- if you have been in contact with anyone sick with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms
- if you have traveled from outside of Manitoba and are required to self-isolate. Information for travelers can be found on the Province of Manitoba website.
The Park Café
Indoor dining at the Park Cafe is temporarily closed. Take-out service is available at our treats window. The take-out menu includes burgers, wraps, salads, treats, hot chocolate, and more. Click here for a full take-out menu.