Assiniboine Park Conservancy COVID-19 Response
Updated June 21, 2021
Visiting Assiniboine Park Zoo
Assiniboine Park Zoo – including Dinosaurs Uncovered – is open.
Important information for your visit:
- The Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Please purchase tickets online in advance to facilitate quick, contactless entry and reduce interaction with staff.
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces, including the Zoo entrance, and recommended outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Keep your distance and avoid gathering with other visitors. Maintain a distance of at least two meters (six feet) from other visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Physical distancing also applies to animals. Please respect all habitat barriers and barricades.
- Please follow the marked one-way path of travel throughout the Zoo.
Facilities and Services:
- Take-out food and beverage service will be available at the Tundra Grill restaurant and Zoo concessions.
- Indoor exhibits including Gateway to the Arctic, Toucan Ridge, Kinsmen Discovery Centre, and the gibbon pavillion are open. Capacity in all indoor spaces is limited and monitored.
- The Polar Playground will remain closed at this time. The Leatherdale International Polar Bear Conservation Centre is also closed.
- Wild Things Unique Gifts is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with capacity restrictions.
Before visiting the Zoo, guests are encouraged to pre-screen using the Province’s online screening tool. Do not visit the Zoo if you are feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms) or are required to self-isolate for any reason under current public health orders.
Visiting Assiniboine Park
The following facilities at the Park are OPEN:
- The Nature Playground
- The Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and English Garden
- Park green spaces
- Washrooms at the Nature Playground
The following facilities at the Park are closed:
- The Park Café is closed for indoor/patio dining, but open for take-out and delivery.
- The Pavilion art galleries are closed.
- Cargo Bar at the Park is closed.
When visiting the Park, please follow all public health orders.
Do not gather in groups of more than five people, including at picnic sites, and remember to bring your mask to the Park in order to enter indoor facilities, including washrooms. We encourage all Park visitors to wear a mask outdoors when physical distancing is difficult or unpredictable.
Do not visit the Park if you are feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms) or are required to self-isolate for any reason under current public health orders.
The Park Café
The Park Café is closed for indoor and patio dining.
The Park Treats window is open for take-out. Delivery is available through Skip the Dishes. Take-out and delivery services are available daily from 9 am - 9 pm.