Assiniboine Park Conservancy COVID-19 Response
Updated March 8, 2021
Visiting Assiniboine Park Zoo
Assiniboine Park Zoo is open.
Important information to help plan your visit:
- Please purchase tickets online in advance to facilitate quick, contactless entry and reduce interaction with staff
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces and encouraged outdoors, especially when physical distancing is more challenging or unpredictable, and during brief exchanges with other visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Physical distancing at the Zoo is mandatory. Please maintain a distance of at least two meters (six feet) from other visitors, staff and volunteers. Physical distancing also applies to animals. Please respect all habitat barriers and barricades.
Toucan Ridge, the gibbon pavilion, Gateway to the Arctic are open. Capacity in all indoor spaces is limited and monitored. All other indoor exhibits, including the Polar Playground, will remain closed at this time.
Tundra Grill is open for indoor dining with capacity restrictions. In addition to indoor dining options, take-out food and beverage service is available at the Tundra Grill restaurant and Winston’s concession. Click here for restaurant and concession hours. Wild Things Unique Gifts is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with capacity restrictions.
We encourage you to visit the Zoo with members of your household and avoid gathering with others. Groups of more than ten people cannot gather unless they are members of the same household.
Before visiting the Zoo, guests are encouraged to pre-screen using the Province’s online screening tool. Do not visit the Zoo if you are feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms) or are required to self-isolate for any reason under current public health orders.
Visiting Assiniboine Park
Park greenspaces including the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and English Garden are open. The art galleries at The Pavilion are open. The Riley Family Duck Pond shelter washrooms are however, the gathering area around the fireplace will remain closed.
Masks are required in all indoor spaces, including public washrooms.
The Park Cafe is open for indoor dining. Important information to help plan your visit to the Park Café:
- Capacity is limited and monitored.
- Guests may only be seated with members of their own household.
- Contact tracing information will be gathered from all parties.
- Masks are required and may only be removed when seated.
When visiting the Park, follow all public health orders and reduce social contact to household members only. Physical distancing is mandatory.
Do not visit the Park if you are feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms) or are required to self-isolate for any reason under current public health orders.