Assiniboine Park Conservancy COVID-19 Response
We look forward to welcoming guests to Assiniboine Park and Zoo! We encourage everyone to practice good personal hygiene, physical and social distancing, and to be COVID Careful when visiting our attractions.
Visiting Assiniboine Park
The Park Cafe, the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden, the English Garden, Nature Playground, The Pavilion, and Park greenspace and pathways are open. When visiting the Park, please follow the advice of public health authorities when it comes to personal hygiene and social/physical distancing.
Visiting Assiniboine Park Zoo
Assiniboine Park Zoo is open with modifications in place for the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, visitors, and animals. These modifications are designed to comply with public health orders and guidelines. Before you visit, please read the information below to plan your visit accordingly.
Before You Visit
Before visiting, guests are encouraged to pre-screen using the Province’s online screening tool.
Do not visit the Zoo:
- if you have been in contact with anyone sick with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms
- if you have traveled from outside of Manitoba and are required to self-isolate. Information for travelers can be found on the Province of Manitoba website.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets online in advance to reduce contact and exchanges with staff. On-site options are available for those who can't.
Visitors are welcome to wear masks when visiting the Zoo. This is not a requirement, but a personal choice.
Services and Attractions
The following animal exhibits are closed until further notice:
- Prairie Outpost
- Kinsmen Discovery Centre and barn
- Leatherdale International Polar Bear Conservation Centre (LIPBCC) Cub Care Centre
The following services / experiences are closed until further notice:
- Polar Playground
- LIPBCC interpretive centre
- Heavy horse wagon rides
- Stingray touch and feeding experiences
- Water bottle refill stations
- Zoo tram
Take-out food service will be available at the Tundra Grill and Winston’s Ice Cream Shoppe.
Vending machines will be open. Water bottle refill stations will be closed.
Health and Safety Measures
We have installed the following to encourage physical distancing:
- signage and floor markers to encourage physical distancing,
- recommended path of travel markers to encourage one-way pedestrian traffic on pathways,
- signage to encourage proper hygiene,
- protective shields at food and beverage service locations.
Visitors are reminded to respect all safety barriers and maintain a distance of at least 2 meters (6 feet) from animal enclosures at all times.
All staff and volunteers are expected to:
- follow provincial public health guidelines,
- follow all self-isolation requirements,
- stay home when sick.