Sensory Night at Zoo Lights
Sensory Night is a special evening at Zoo Lights designed to provide a more comfortable experience for our guests with sensory regulation or processing needs.
Wednesday, December 6
Time: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm (final entry 8:00 pm)
Tickets: $16.50 + GST (all ages 3+) | Children 2 and under FREE
What to Expect at Sensory Night
- Flashing or strobing lights will be turned off.
- Music volumes will be lowered or off.
- Maximum event capacity will be reduced by 50%.
- A quiet room will be available with soft lighting, sensory toys, and blankets.
- Sensory activities will be available throughout the event.
Sensory Night Tips
Here are a few tips and details to help make Zoo Lights Sensory Night fun for everyone!
- A printed map will be available at the main gate. This map will include sensory-rich labeled areas.
- General accessibility information for Zoo Lights is available here.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo has a limited number of Kulture City sensory bags available for sign out on a first come first serve basis. If you require noise cancelling headphones, sunglasses, fidget accessories, or other specific items, we recommend bringing them with you.
- Performers such as LED hula-hoopers and carollers will be located in designated areas along the Zoo Lights route. You may choose to not engage with these groups, and are welcome to interact if you feel comfortable.
- Santa Claus will be at the Marquee tent from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. You may bring your own camera or phone and a volunteer will assist in taking your photo.
- Please do not to bring or wear items that have flashing or strobing light effects (such as flashing necklaces).