Night at the Zoo: Sleepover Program
Sleepover programs are currently unavailable.
Join us for a fantastic evening adventure at the Zoo and explore the nocturnal side of the animal kingdom. Sleepovers offer youth groups, clubs, and schools a unique and immersive Zoo experience that is both educational and entertaining.
- Location: Tundra Grill
- Ages: 6 to 18 (Grades 1 to 12)
- Availability: Friday nights, September through April
- Capacity: Minimum 40 participants + 8 adult chaperones. Maximum 60 participants.
Groups can be combined to meet the minimum capacity. If you suspect your group may not meet the minimum requirement, let us know as soon as possible. We may be able to match another group (of same gender and similar age) with yours.
- Polar Playground: Burn off your extra energy at this indoor Arctic-themed playground or enjoy other age appropriate activities for older children.
- Animal Encounter: Visit our Education Centre and enjoy an up close encounter with one of the Zoo’s ambassador animals.
- A Walk on the Dark Side: Grab your flashlight and enjoy a guided evening tour through the Zoo or enjoy other age appropriate activities designed for older groups. Remember, the Zoo is an outdoor experience and we will be walking some distance between exhibits. Not all animals are visible during the evening.
- Journey to Churchill: Discover the wonders of the north as you search for animals and explore the tundra. Your night will end as you drift off to sleep in the Tundra Grill as you look out over the Zoo’s largest polar bear enclosure.
- Evening and morning snacks are provided. Please do not bring food from home. We take allergies very seriously and do not want other groups feeling left out.
Optional Add-on: Ask us about adding on a souvenir Assiniboine Park Zoo badge when you book your sleepover!
- $65 + GST per child/youth participant
- $40 + GST per chaperone
- Drop-off: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Programming: 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Lights out: 11:30 pm
- Morning snack: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
- Pick-up: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Drop-off and pick-up takes place at the Zoo's Special Events Entrance located inside Assiniboine Park (54 Zoo Drive).
*The above schedule may be shortened upon request to suit earlier bedtimes.*
Book your night a the zoo today!
- Contact our Education department at 204-927-6070 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability and place a tentative hold on your preferred date.
- A $400 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your sleepover. Groups are booked on a first come, first served basis. Your preferred date will not be confirmed until the deposit is received.
- Full payment and detailed group information must be received at least 5 business days prior to the date of your sleepover. If your confirmed numbers do not meet the minimum requirements, we may have to cancel the sleepover.
- Once payment is received, refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event that the Assiniboine Park Conservancy has to cancel the sleepover.