A NIGHT AT THE ZOO: Sleepover Program
Join us for a fantastic evening adventure at the Zoo and explore the nocturnal side of the animal kingdom. Sleepovers offer youth groups, clubs, and schools a unique and immersive Zoo experience that is both educational and entertaining.
Groups can be combined to meet the minimum capacity. If you suspect your group may not meet the minimum requirement, let us know as soon as possible. We may be able to match another group (of same gender and similar age) with yours.
- Location: Tundra Grill
- Ages: 6 to 18 (Grades 1 to 12)
- Availability: Friday nights, September through April
- Capacity: Minimum 40 participants + 8 adult chaperones. Maximum 60 participants.
Polar Playground: Burn off your extra energy at this indoor Arctic-themed playground or enjoy other age appropriate activities for older children.
- Animal Encounter: Get close with one of the Zoo’s ambassador animals.
- A Walk on the Dark Side: Grab your flashlight and enjoy a guided evening tour through the Zoo or enjoy other age appropriate activities designed for older groups.
- Nocturnal Animal Presentation: Learn how and why some animals have adapted to thrive at night.
- Journey to Churchill: Discover the wonders of the north as you search for animals and explore the tundra. Your night will end as you drift off to sleep in the Tundra Grill as you look out over the Zoo’s largest polar bear enclosure.
- Evening and morning snacks are provided. Please do not bring food from home. We take allergies very seriously and do not want other groups feeling left out.
Optional Add-on: Ask us about adding on a souvenir when you book your sleepover!
$60 + GST per participant
- $40 + GST per chaperone
Drop-off: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Programming: 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Lights out: 11:30 pm
- Morning snack: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
- Pick-up: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Drop-off and pick-up takes place at the Zoo's Special Events Entrance located inside Assiniboine Park (54 Zoo Drive).
BOOK YOUR NIGHT AT THE ZOO TODAY!
To inquire about available dates and book your sleepover, please contact our Education department at 204-927-6070 or by email at email@example.com.
• Full payment and detailed group information is due 5 business days prior to the date of your sleepover. If your confirmed numbers do not meet the minimum requirement, we may have to cancel the sleepover.
• Once payment is received, refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event that the Assiniboine Park Conservancy has to cancel the sleepover.