The Polar Playground is currently closed.
Once your children enter the Polar Playground they may never want to leave!
The indoor Polar Playground is an Arctic wonderland of active participation guaranteed to have your children climbing, sliding, learning, exploring and begging for more!
While playing and having fun is the priority, the unique space is also designed to engage and educate children about polar bears and other northern species through motion-themed activities including:
- a moving ice-mass floor that responds to footsteps
- an ice cave with hidden messages
- a responsive Aurora Borealis wall where children can conduct the northern lights
- a wall-sized icicle xylophone
The Polar Playground is located in the Zoo's Journey to Churchill exhibit at the Tundra Grill.
- Hours of operation are the same as Zoo and change seasonally.
- Zoo members enjoy unlimited Zoo admission and visits to the Polar Playground!