We rely on volunteers to help visitors enjoy a magical experience and keep all guests safe at Zoo Lights. Volunteers will be expected to follow all COVID-19 precautions and complete a screening before the start of each shift.
Shifts available from February 20, 2021 - March 28, 2021:
- February 20 - March 14, Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- March 14 - March 28, Tuesday - Sunday: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- must be 16 years of age or older (parental permission required if under 18)
- must commit to at least two shifts throughout Zoo Lights
- must be able to spend extended periods of time outdoors in all kinds of weather
- must be able to move around easily outdoors either on foot or with the use of mobility aids
- must wear a Zoo Lights winter hat during your shift (to be provided)
- must be comfortable interacting with visitors of all ages
- must follow direction from staff and lead volunteers
- Fire Pit Attendants
- Visitor Services Concierge
- Event Ambassador
- Site Safety Ambassador
Most positions require volunteers to spend time outdoors and great communication skills. We will make an effort to assign tasks you prefer. However, a certain degree of flexibility is required.
Volunteer schedules are subject to change. Position descriptions will be provided upon receipt of application.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of two shifts. All shifts are four hours. All new Zoo Lights volunteers will be given a Zoo Lights toque to wear during every shift.
For every shift, you will receive:
- Coffee, hot chocolate, water, and snacks
- One entry into the Grand Prize Draw for a behind the scenes Zoo tour
After two shifts, you will receive a Zoo Lights travel mug and sling bag.
After 10 shifts, you will receive six adult Zoo tickets.
After 15 shifts, you will receive a one-year Zoo membership.