Please adhere to the following health and safety guidelines during your visit to Assiniboine Park:
- Practice social and physical distancing throughout the entire Park and while engaging in outdoor sporting or recreational activities. Maintain a separation of at least two metres from others unless all persons reside in the same residence.
- Do not engage in outdoor sporting or recreational activities as part of a group of more than five people, unless all people in the group reside in the same residence.
- No organized practices, games, or outdoor sporting competitions of any kind are permitted.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on the duck pond.
- Please be aware that park benches, picnic tables, and other surfaces are not santitized.
Skating at the Riley Family Duck Pond
The Riley Family Duck Pond is OPEN for skating.
In response to current public health orders, the warming shelter located adjacent to the Duck Pond will remain closed. Picnic tables and portable washrooms are available outdoors.
The Riley Family Duck Pond is located in the heart of Assiniboine Park. During the winter months, the Duck Pond becomes an outdoor skating rink and popular place to enjoy the wonders of winter.
Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on the duck pond.
Please note: we do not offer skate rentals.
The Toboggan Hill is OPEN.
Located near the Riley Family Duck Pond and the Nature Playground, the Toboggan Hill is a favourite seasonal attraction for the young and the young at heart! The hill offers exciting thrills and spills for those who love the feel of wind (and snow) in their faces.
- Bring your own toboggan
- Slide with caution
- Stick to the centre of the hill
- Watch out for children and people walking
- Be patient when the hill is busy
- Most of all, have fun!
Cross-Country Ski Trails
Enjoy the serene beauty of Assiniboine Park on our groomed cross-country ski trails. During the winter months, the trails are typically groomed twice a week as weather permits. We do not groom the trails if it is snowing and will commence grooming when the snowfall stops. Trails are open 8:00 am to 10:00 pm during the ski season.