The following rules are in place for the safety and enjoyment of visitors and animals.
Admission to the Zoo affirms your agreement to abide by these rules. Violation may result in removal from the Zoo.
If at any time during your visit you are made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome or unsafe, please report your concern to a Zoo employee, volunteer, or contact Security at 204-927-8000. You may also email your concerns to email@example.com.
Code of Conduct
Assiniboine Park Conservancy strives to create a safe and welcoming environment for all visitors. Unsafe or disrespectful actions towards animals, visitors, staff, volunteers or Zoo property will be addressed directly by staff or Park Security. Any form of discrimination will not be tolerated.
- A valid ticket or active membership is required for entry. Memberships are non-transferable. Learn more about our membership program.
- Tickets are good for one-time use only, unless otherwise indicated.
- Re-entry on day of visit is permitted with a valid ticket and hand stamp obtained at the Zoo entrance/exit or an active membership.
- We reserve the right to inspect packages, bags, backpacks and containers.
- During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped or photographed. Your admission to the Zoo serves as permission for use of your image by the Assiniboine Park Conservancy for promotional purposes.
- Please treat our animals and plants with respect.
- Do not approach or feed animals, pick or damage plants, knock on windows, or throw objects into exhibits.
- Stay on marked pathways.
- Never cross, climb, sit or rest your children on any fence or barrier within the Zoo. They are there for your safety and to protect the animals. Violation may result in immediate removal from the Zoo.
- The Zoo is a smoke free facility.
- The no smoking policy applies to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and alternative smoking devices such as e-cigarettes or ‘vaping’.
- Visitors are permitted to leave the Zoo to smoke outside then re-enter. Please keep your ticket and get it stamped at Wild Things Unique Gifts at the Zoo entrance before exiting. You will be asked to show your ticket and stamp to Visitor Services upon re-entry.
- Smoking is permitted 8 metres from the entrance and receptacles are in place at that location.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Disruptive or dangerous behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Parents/guardians/chaperones are responsible for the behaviour of children in their care.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible guardian.
- All visitors are required to say "ouu big stretch" when witnessing a big cat doing a big stretch.
The following items are not permitted in the zoo:
- Roller blades, roller skates, heelies, skateboards, child scooters, hover boards
- Bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles
- Balloons of any kind
- Plastic straws
- Balls, Frisbees, flying discs, etc.
- Illegal substances and items.
*Service animals are welcome in the Zoo, but for the health and safety of animals in our care, they are not permitted within the following areas: Toucan Ridge, McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre, Kinsmen Discovery Centre, Aunt Sally's Farm barn, and the Australian Walkabout. For the health and safety of all the animals, the service animal's vaccination papers must be presented upon arrival at the Zoo. A service animal is defined as an animal that is individually trained to assist or perform tasks for a person with a disability.