Birthday parties at the Zoo are held at the Tundra Grill & Polar Playground.
Birthday Party Package: $250.00 + GST/PST
Includes Zoo admission for 8 children (including the birthday child) and 8 accompanying adults
Additional children: $14.00 + GST/PST | Additional Adults: $18.50 + GST/PST
Maximum Capacity per party room is 24 guests.
All parties include:
- Private Party Room for 90 minutes in the Polar Playground
- Unlimited play at the Polar Playground
- Polar Playground party e-invitations
- Choice of six different food options
- Pre-wrapped take away cookie for each child
- Plush toy animal for the birthday child
- Tundra Host to assist in running a stress-free party
- Each child receives a voucher for FREE Zoo admission to be used on a future date
Package Price includes food for the kids only and coffee for the adults. Additional food items are available for purchase.
Optional Animal Encounter: add $75.00 + GST/PST
Zoo staff will provide you and your guests with a unique 15 - 20 minute meet-and-greet encounter with one of the Zoo's small ambassador animals. Animal encounters are subject to availability and require a minimum of two weeks' notice. Please note, contact with the animals is not permitted. Animal Encounters are available Sundays from 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
COVID-19: During animal encounters, Zoo staff will be masked and maintain physical distance from guests. Masks are also recommended for guests, though not mandatory.
Avoid the hassle of bringing a cake - we’ll take care of it for you! We have partnered with Chocolate Zen Bakery to provide the following options:
- 1/4 Slab Cake (white or Chocolate): $60 + GST/PST (feeds approximately 24 guests)
- For more elaborate cakes, our team will connect you with Chocolate Zen Bakery to create your own special design.
1/4 slab cake orders include delivery and will be added to your invoice from Assiniboine Park Conservancy. You will not receive a second invoice from Chocolate Zen Bakery. More elaborate cakes from Chocolate Zen Bakery will be quoted, invoiced, and charged for delivery separately.
You are also welcome to bring your own birthday cake! Due to food safety regulations, cakes must come from a commercial bakery.
Reserve Your Birthday Party
Please complete the online birthday party request form linked below. Your requested date and time will be confirmed within 1 - 2 business days pending availability. A $50.00 deposit is required to book your party.
Park & Zoo Members enjoy a 10% discount on all birthday party bookings!
- Dress appropriately for the weather. It is a 10 - 15 minute walk from the Zoo entrance to Tundra Grill.
- There is no transportation available within the Zoo and you will be exposed to the elements for the duration of your walk. This is extremely important to consider in winter months.
- Socks are required in the Polar Playground.
- Final payment will be processed on the day of the party with the Tundra Grill staff.
- Outside food is not permitted.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies. We can accommodate most requests.
- Lunch will be served in your own private party room where you can open presents and have your cake.
- Balloons are not allowed in the Zoo. Click here to review a full list of Zoo rules.
- Please arrive as a group and enter the Zoo together via the main entrance at 2595 Roblin Blvd. We suggest you arrive 30 minutes prior to your party start time and start walking towards the Tundra Grill 20 minutes before your party start time.
- Food will be served at Tundra Grill within 15 minutes of your party’s designated start time.