Zoo Camp is perfect for children who love nature, animals, art and adventure. Children enjoy a one-of-a-kind adventure featuring animals, nature, art and non-stop fun! We offer in-service camps, spring and winter camp, and weekly summer camps in July and August.
Zoo Camp Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Due to program popularity and limited space available, we ask that you cancel at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of the program for a 90% refund of the program fee.
- Cancellations with less than ten (10) business days’ notice receive a refund of 75% of the program fee.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations with less than two (2) business days’ notice.
Summer Zoo Camp
Summer camp registration, and our waitlist, is currently full.
Campers will have a special daily encounter with an animal or zookeeper, as well as chances to explore other venues in Assiniboine Park like our Nature Playground. Zoo Camp is designed using the R.A.F.T.S. framework (Recreation, Art, Friendships, Teamwork, and Science). Zoo Camp is the perfect chance to be outdoors and to experience nature with our great staff and fun activities. Due to the global pandemic, our camp may need to change. We will follow the best practices as laid out by the Government of Manitoba, and do our best to ensure every camper can still have fun and feel safe while at camp.
Campers are organized into four age groups:
Polar Bears (age 6-7, or must have completed Kindergarten): Focus on animal needs and what we all share in common
Jr. Keeper (age 8-9): Focus on caring for animals and ourselves
Jr. Researcher (age 10-12): Focus on helping animals in the wild and at the Zoo
Morning drop-off time: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Afternoon pick-up time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Week A: The Magic of Nature (July: Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4)
Magic is all around us... if you look for it! This camp will reveal the secrets of nature as we explore the cool and strange ‘tricks’ animals and plants have developed to survive and thrive in their habitat. Together, we will explore what we can do to protect the magic of nature. Join us for a week of magical fun and adventure!
Week B: The Lost Tales (August: Weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Adventure lies ahead as campers explore the mysteries of the animal kingdom. Guided journeys will introduce campers to the untold stories of the Zoo. Whether campers are engaging with new furry or feathered friends, they will be working to solve some of nature’s biggest mysteries.
Summer Camp Registration Fees
Registration and waitlist currently closed.
5 day week: $240 + GST
4 day week (August 3 - 6): $200 + GST
July 2 Sneak Peek: $55 + GST
In Service Camp - Best of Summer Camp | September 7
School hasn’t started yet, so we are taking the best of the best, camper approved activities and adventures to celebrate the end of summer.
The Best of Summer Camp in-service camp is open to children in grades 1-6.
Drop-Off Location: Education Centre (54 Zoo Drive), 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Pick-Up Location: Education Centre (54 Zoo Drive), 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Click here for more registration options.
If you are not paying by credit card, please call our Education team from Monday - Friday between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at 204-927-6070
In-Service Camp Registration Fees
$55 + GST
Members receive a 10% discount on registration fees.
With the seasonal break upon us, Assiniboine Park wants to offer children a chance to attend day camp. We still believe that children need chances to explore nature and enjoy their holidays. In order to keep everyone safe, our plan at this time is to open a limited number of spaces and to follow the best practices as laid out by the Government of Manitoba. Assiniboine Park and Zoo are great places to accommodate outdoor spatial needs.
We currently expect everyone to maintain a 2-metre distance between each other, except for brief encounters. We understand that physical distancing guidelines can be a difficult concept for children. We are asking parents to start the discussion about physical distancing prior to their arrival. Our staff will emphasize with campers our physical distancing measures. We will provide simple, age-appropriate physical distancing strategies to help campers maintain a safe distance, and provide activities that encourage social spacing. Children that consistently do not follow our camp health and safety rules will be sent home.
Zoo Camp will:
- Ensure our staff and volunteers use a self-screening tool daily before coming to work. Staff must stay at home if they are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Require parents to screen their children at home daily prior to drop-off. We will not allow any household with illness or symptoms to attend.
- Have procedures and policies in place to ensure materials and spaces are clean or sanitized, as well as for dealing with illness and COVID-19.
- Promote appropriate physical distancing measures within the camp.
- Be accessed through the Zoo’s Special Events Gate, located on the East side of the Zoo.
- Include a daily visit by one or two of the Zoo’s Animal Ambassadors, but we will not allow touching of the animals or any animal artefacts.
- Offer some behind the scenes opportunities and interactions with Animal Care Professionals
- Have daily walks that may go further than previous years, as we explore locations within Assiniboine Park and obey directional pathways within the Zoo
- Provide at least one Camp Counsellor per group. Each Counsellor will receive support from 1-2 youth volunteers and the
- Education Department.
- Provide your child with a camp t-shirt (summer camp only)
Click here for more information about the Assiniboine Park’s response to COVID-19.