Zoo Camp is perfect for children who love nature, animals, art and adventure. Children enjoy a one-of-a-kind adventure featuring animals, nature, art and non-stop fun! We offer in-service camps, spring and winter camp, and weekly summer camps in July and August.
Zoo Camp Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Due to program popularity and limited space available, we ask that you cancel at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of the program for a 90% refund of the program fee.
- Cancellations with less than ten (10) business days’ notice receive a refund of 75% of the program fee.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations with less than two (2) business days’ notice.
In Service Camp: September 6
Best of Summer Camp In-Service Camp
This camp is sold out. Email our team at email@example.com to join the waitlist.
School hasn’t started yet, so we are taking the best of the best, camper approved activities and adventures to celebrate the end of summer!
This in-service camp is open to children in grades 1 - 6.
Drop-Off: Education Centre (54 Zoo Drive), 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Pick-Up: Education Centre (54 Zoo Drive), 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Fee: $55 + GST
Zoo members receive a 10% discount on registration fees
Wild Science and Nature’s Secrets
Get ready to explore and play this summer at Zoo Camp! Each month offers different themed activities and every week includes special daily encounters with an animal or animal care professional, as well as opportunities to explore other venues in Assiniboine Park like the Nature Playground.
Zoo Camp is open to children ages 6 - 12. Campers are organized into three age groups:
- Bears (age 6-7) Focus on animal needs and what we all share in common: Week 2 SOLD OUT
- Jr. Keeper (age 8-9) Focus on caring for animals and ourselves: SOLD OUT
- Jr. Researcher (age 10-12) Focus on helping animals in the wild and at the Zoo: SOLD OUT
Drop-Off: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Pick-Up: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Drop-off and pick-up is located at the Zoo’s Special Events gate (54 Zoo Drive).
5-Day Weeks: $240 + GST
4-Day Week (August 2 - 5): $200 + GST
Registration is open for full-weeks only. Single-day and partial week registration not available.
Zoo members receive 10% off registration fees
July: Wild Science (Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4)
Join the camp that is perfect for the scientist in you! Take on the role of an ecologist, zoologist, or even a grossologist. Our journeys will take us through the amazing facts and the science behind our favourite plants and animals. Working together we will discover fun and adventure behind nature’s magical kingdom.
August: Nature’s Secrets (Weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Become a nature detective and explore the wild surprises lurking around the corners of Assiniboine Park and Zoo. Have you ever wondered how a bee flies, or how a gecko can lose its tail? This camp is perfect for people with the questions who want to seek answers with their friends. Join us for some exciting times as we search for the answers to nature’s biggest mysteries.
Please see below for Summer Camp COVID-19 policies. Assiniboine Park Conservancy's COVID-19 response and camp policies are subject to change in response to public health orders and the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Summer Camp COVID-19 Response
Assiniboine Park Conservancy's COVID-19 response and camp policies are subject to change in response to public health orders and the evolving COVID-19 situation.
We believe that children need opportunities to explore nature. Assiniboine Park and Zoo are great places to accommodate outdoor spatial needs. In order to keep everyone safe, we will follow the best practices as laid out by the Government of Manitoba.
Assiniboine Park currently expects everyone to maintain an appropriate distance between each other, except for brief encounters. We understand that physical distancing guidelines can be a difficult concept for children, and it is helpful if parents start the discussion about physical distancing prior to a camper’s arrival. Our staff will emphasize with campers our physical distancing measures. Zoo Camp provides simple, age-appropriate physical distancing strategies to help campers to maintain a safe distance, and provide activities that encourage social spacing.
Masks are currently required inside all buildings, except when eating or drinking. Masks are strongly encouraged when outdoors when physical distancing is difficult. Staff and volunteers will wear masks while indoors and when physical distancing cannot be maintained outdoors.
Children that consistently do not follow our camp health and safety rules will be sent home.
Summer Zoo Camp will:
- Ensure our staff and volunteers use a self-screening tool daily before coming to work. Staff must stay at home if they are sick, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Require parents to screen their children at home daily prior to drop-off.
- Have procedures and policies in place to ensure materials and spaces are clean or sanitized, as well as for dealing with illness and COVID-19.
- Promote appropriate physical distancing measures within the camp.
- Be accessed through the Zoo’s Special Events Gate, located on the East side of the Zoo.
- Not allow touching of animals.
- Offer some behind the scenes opportunities and interactions with Animal Care Professionals.
- Provide at least one Camp Counsellor per group. Each Counsellor will receive support from 1-2 youth volunteers and the Education Department.
- Provide your child with a camp t-shirt.
More information about the Assiniboine Park’s COVID-19 response is at https://www.assiniboinepark.ca/covid-19. Our safety measures and responses are subject to change to best fit the conditions and restrictions as laid out by the government of Manitoba.
Further details regarding COVID-19 policies will be provided upon registration.