Volunteers help visitors enjoy a spectacular experience every night at Zoo Lights!
Volunteer shifts vary between 3 - 5 hours depending on night and volunteer position. Shifts are available:
November 24 - January 7
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:15 pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:15 pm
Zoo Lights is closed on the following dates: November 27 and 28, December 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 24, 25
- must be 16 years of age or older
- must commit to at least two shifts throughout Zoo Lights
- must be able to spend extended periods of time outdoors in all kinds of weather
- must be able to move around easily outdoors either on foot or with the use of mobility aids
- must wear a Zoo Lights branded item during your shift (to be provided)
- must be comfortable interacting with visitors of all ages
- must follow direction from staff and lead volunteers
- Fire Pit Attendants
- Visitor Services Concierge
- Event Ambassador
- Access Control Ambassador
All positions require volunteers to spend time outdoors and have great communication skills. We will make an effort to assign tasks you prefer. However, a certain degree of flexibility is required.
Volunteer schedules are subject to change. Detailed position descriptions will be provided upon receipt of application.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of two shifts. Shifts vary between 3 - 5 hours based on night of the week and volunteer position.
Every shift you will receive coffee, hot chocolate, water, and pre-packaged snacks.
- After one shift, you will receive a Zoo Lights item.
- After two shifts, you will receive an exclusive Zoo Lights branded gift.
- After 5 shifts, you will receive six adult Zoo tickets.
- After 10 shifts, you will receive a one-year Zoo membership.
- After 15 shifts, you will receive an Assiniboine Park Conservancy gift card.