Workforce Volunteer Opportunities
Animal Care Workforce Volunteers
Do you have experience working with animals or studying for an animal related or conservation career? If yes, the Animal Care Workforce Volunteer position might be right for you! This volunteer opportunity allows you to support the staff in their daily tasks. Your efforts free up time for animal care staff to provide exceptional care of our animals.
Animal Care Workforce Volunteers Must:
- make a commitment to volunteer one 4-hour shift per week for 3 months
- be 18 years or older
- provide their own steel toe boots that will be kept at the Zoo for biosecurity reasons
- have a high school diploma or equivalent
- have previous animal experience or be a student wanting to pursue a career in animal care or conservation
- be passionate about animal care and conservation
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, snow or rain)
- have a willingness to get their hands dirty
- submit to a criminal record and child abuse registry check
Applications are currently closed. Check back soon!