Boo at the Zoo
The Zoo has been transformed into a spooky, spell-tacular Halloween spectacle!
Boo at the Zoo features a curious cast of costumed characters, rides, games, treats, breathtaking performances, and jaw-dropping displays.
October 6 - 29
Boo at the Zoo takes place in the evening after the Zoo closes.
Tuesday – Thursday | 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm (final entry 8:00 pm)
Friday – Saturday | 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm (final entry 9:00 pm)
Sunday | 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm (final entry 8:00 pm)
Monday | closed
Tickets for Boo at the Zoo are date and time specific. Purchase tickets in advance online or at the Zoo entrance during daytime hours. Rides and games are inlcuded with your ticket.
All Ages 3+: $16.50 + GST
Children 2 and under: FREE
Rules & Ticket Policies
- Smoking or vaping is prohibited inside the Zoo and may result in removal from the site.
- Disorderly conduct will result in your removal from the site. This includes trespassing into restricted areas, unsafe or disrespectful actions towards animals, visitors, staff, volunteers or Zoo property.
- Boo at the Zoo will proceed rain, snow, or shine. The Zoo will only be closed in the case of extreme weather. Notices regarding Zoo closures will be posted daily by 2 p.m. on our website.
- All guests, regardless of age, require a ticket in order to be counted toward our capacity. Tickets for children 2 years of age and under are FREE. Please add $0 infant ticket to your cart for each child aged 2 and under.
- Tickets are valid for one time use on the specified ticket date & time. Guests must enter the Zoo within the 30-minute time frame indicated on their ticket.
- Tickets cannot be sold and will not be replaced if expired, destroyed, lost or stolen.
- Tickets cannot be transferred to another date, time.
- Refunds will only be offered in the event of a Zoo closure.
- No re-entry. If you leave the Zoo, you will be unable to return.
- Entry is only via the main Zoo Entrance located at 2595 Roblin Blvd.
Weather Policies and Closures
Boo at the Zoo will proceed rain, snow, or shine.
The Zoo will only be closed in the case of extreme weather. While the event remains open, midway rides may close temporarily in the event of high winds or rain. Notices regarding Zoo closures will be posted here by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the closure. Ticket holders that have purchased online will be contacted by e-mail.
New and Improved for 2023
Boo at the Zoo is back better than ever! Here’s some changes you can expect on your visit to our creepy carnival:
New Route: The event route has been expanded and modified to create a loop through the Zoo. No more dead ends!
Smaller Crowds: Capacity for this event has been reduced by over 15%, with no entries later than two hours before the end of each night. Expect smaller crowds and more time to enjoy the event.
More Performances: Performances from our fabulous fire dancers, amazing aerialists, and street spectacle will be in convenient locations, and more frequent with new performances beginning every 30 minutes.
New Photo Ops: New photo and selfie stations are sprinkled along the loop so you can capture new, spooky moments with your group!
Improved Experience: Trusted staff members will help manage ride lines to ensure you have a spectacular visit.
Online Game Experience: Track your game play online and collect your prize at the end of your evening.
Expect More Surprises! You’ll meet new characters, enjoy a different assortment of rides and games, and explore new mysterious displays!
Boo at the Zoo Presenting Sponsor: Access Credit Union
Supporting Partners: Recycle Everywhere | Terracon Development Ltd. | The Keg Steakhouse + Bar | Trans Canada Brewing Co. | Payworks | CIBC
In-Kind Partners: Prairie Mobile Communications | Spirit Halloween | Lawson Sales Ltd.
Winnipeg Free Press | 680 CJOB | Global News Winnipeg | Peggy 99.1 | Pattison Outdoor | KiSS 102.3 | 103.1 Virgin Radio | Bounce 99.9 | 92.1 CITI | CKJS | QX104 | 94.3 NOW!